PLIPBOX ETHERNET DEVICE PARALLEL PORT INTERNET AMIGA 500 600 1200 2000 3000 4000
Plipbox is a Parallel Port Ethernet Adapter that allows you to connect your Amiga to the Internet.
It has been been tested with:
It works with the plipbox.device driver:
Thanks to Plipbox adapter and the Internet connection you will be able to:
- browse Amiga friendly sites using - iBrowse, AWeb web browsers
- use IRC - AmIRC, WookieChat, BlackIRC
- transfer files (games, adf files, demos etc.) using FTP clients - AmiFTP, AmiTradeCenter, mFTP, AmFTP
- use GoogleDrive and Dropbox using Amiga Cloud Handlers
- transfer files using SMBFS
- use Telnet to connect to BBS (DcTelnet, AmTelnet)
- play games online - dynaMITE (fast paced Dynablaser clone), HBMonopoly, Doom etc.
- listen to online radio (if your Amiga is fast enough ;)
- you can even use Twitter client
- you can start your own FTP server - RcFTPd
- you can use SSH1
What you will get:
- Plipbox Ethernet Adapter
- Lallafa is the designer of Plipbox
- You will need a MicroUSB cable and a USB 5v phone charger (both not included) to power up your Plipbox
- It works with all Amigas apart from Amiga 1000, which has got a different Parallel port.
- Vampire and CoffinOS support Plipbox
- If you use a Serial port or RGB port with your Amiga 2000, Plipbox might collide with those ports.